Better Delmarva Award for July 2014 - 08/06/2014
Chickin' Pickin' this Friday at Delaware State Fair - 07/22/2014
To provide Quality and Service Consistently.
To be honest and fair with everyone including customers, suppliers, community neighbors and each other.
To provide an environment dedicated to personal and corporate growth.
To be good stewards of all the assets God has entrusted to us.
How We've Grown
1914 - Mountaire started business as the Hayes Grain and Commission Company, a commercial feed business in Arkansas.
1959 - The company partnered with seven poultry companies - feeding their flocks.
1971 - We incorporated as Mountaire Corporation, and in 1977 began processing poultry.
1977 - Purchase H&H Poultry in Selbyville, DE
1992 - Doubled the production of the Selbyville operation
1996 - Purchased Piedmont Poultry in Lumber Bridge, NC
1999 - Doubled the production of the Lumber Bridge operation
2000 - Purchased the Millsboro, DE operation from Townsends, including Central Grain Facilities
2000 - Constructed New Feed Mill in Candor, NC.
2003 - Purchased Tyson Feed Mill in Princess Anne, MD
2006 - Increased the production of the NC operation by 50%
2007 - Purchased three Hostetter Grain Facilities in: Trappe, MD, Queen Anne, MD, and Seaford, DE.
2007 - Purchased Greensboro Grain Facilities in Greensboro, MD.
2009 - Purchased Mauney Grain in New London, NC.
2011 - Constructed VRT Freezer & Warehouse in Lumber Bridge, NC
2011 - Constructed Employee Health & Wellness Center in Millsboro, DE
2011 - Purchased Carmean Grain Facilities in Ridgely, MD
2012 - Constructed the Resource Recovery Plant in Millsboro, DE
2012 - Purchased Gavilon Grain in Townsend, DE
Vertical Integration Process
- Eggs are produced in our North Carolina breeder operation and are transported to our hatcheries in Delaware, Maryland or North Carolina.
- After hatching, the chicks are inspected for health before being moved to the grower farms.
- Environmentally controlled houses provide proper temperature, clean water and room to roam.
- Feed, manufactured to exacting nutritional standards at one of Mountaire’s four feed mills, is delivered to the grower farms on Mountaire trucks.
- After the birds are raised to their maximal potential, the chicken is processed, packaged and shipped to retail, foodservice and institutional customers nation-wide and in 40 different countries.
- Mountaire provides customers with a high quality and healthy protein source.
Partnering in the Marketplace and in the Community
A conscientious, dedicated team throughout Mountaire ensures that:
- Quality standards and service levels meet and exceed customer and market needs.
- Efforts to enrich and improve the lives of people living alongside us in our communities continue as integral to our business.
- A strong record of creating environmentally sustainable farming and business practices is part of our commitment to stewardship.